Two provisions of the Affordable Care Act apply only to applicable large employers (ALEs):
- The employer shared responsibility provisions; and
- The employer information reporting provisions for offers of minimum essential coverage
In order to determine whether your company fits that status, there are many considerations, which can be viewed in the IRS website article Determining-if-an-employer-is-an-applicable-large-employer.
For more information in the IRS Website article, questions-and-answers-on-employer-shared-responsibility-provisions-under-the-affordable-care-act see the section Employers Subject to the Employer Shared Responsibility Provisions
Our ACA Monitor has a tool called Large Employer Status to help determine your status and answer some relevant questions, such as:
What is my year average number of employees?
How many of my employees are full time, and how many of them are Full Time Equivalent (FTEs)?
Large Employer Status
To access the Large Employer Status tool:
In Paydeck, go to ACA Monitor.
Select Large Employer Status at the top of the screen.
- In PlatinumPay, go to ACA Monitor.
- Select Large Employer Status at the top of the screen.
- Make sure the ALE dates are set to the correct year. Recalculate the figure, if needed.