Jump to: Why it can't be done via Payroll (PPX)
- Note: If there are no earnings for the employee, email email@example.com; we can switch it on the back end.
If you need to switch an Employee Type, a new employee must be created in PayDeck's Employee page.
- Select Employees on the left panel.
- Select Add Employee at the top right.
- Fill in the required information. Save.
- In the Duplicate SSN popup, click Yes.
- The new employee will save using a duplicate Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
Why it Can't Be Done via Payroll (PPX)
Selecting the correct Employee Type when adding an employee is important. PPX will not allow you to change it or save a new employee using a duplicate SSN or TIN.
Here's what happens if you try:
The way to work around this is to use PayDeck's Employee page as explained in the beginning of this article.