Employees can self-reset their password for the WebClock/Employee Portal if they have an email in their employee setup. If the employee doesn't have an email in their profile, then a manager will need to manually reset the password in their Employee Setup record. This article explains how to do that.
Reset an Employee Password in Employee Setup
- Access Employee Setup in your timekeeping management portal.
If you do not have Employee Setup listed in your menu, then you don't have permissions necessary to reset passwords.
- Select the employee by clicking their name. This will open up their record.
- In the section titled Identifiers for punching the clock, click the Edit button.
- Click the Set/Reset Password button.
- Enter a new, temporary password for the employee. It must be a minimum 8 characters in length and have two character types (i.e. upper and lower case letters or letters and numbers). If it's the same as the previous password, it will be rejected.
- Click Save.
When the employee first uses this password, they will be prompted to change their password immediately.