In this article:
Connect the Smart Clock to the Internet
Wifi Network Setup
Open the device settings by tapping the Settings icon on the Home screen (inset 2). If you do not see the Settings icon, open the App Menu by tapping the 6-square icon at the top right of the screen (inset 3). The Settings app can be launched from the App Menu.
- Set the wifi toggle to ON.
- The device will scan for available Wi-Fi signals and display all available networks. Select your network by tapping the name and when prompted, enter the password.
Note: Wi-Fi networks are more susceptible to signal interruptions. An Ethernet connection is generally more reliable than Wi-Fi. At the lower right of the clock is a signal strength indicator. When it is two bars or less, we recommend you boost your Wi-Fi signal or use an Ethernet connection.
Once you are successfully connected to your Wi-Fi network, proceed to Time Zone Setup.
Usually the smart clock does not require additional setup for an ethernet network. This is because the most common ethernet configurations use DHCP and the smart clock should come out of the box set to DHCP. However, it is recommended to verify the device is set to DHCP. Instead of DHCP, some networks require a static IP. These instructions address both verifying DHCP mode and setting a static IP:
- Open the Ethernet Manager app on the Home screen (inset 2). If you do not see the Ethernet Manager app, open the App Menu by tapping the 6-square icon at the top right of the screen (inset 3). You will find the Ethernet Manager icon in the app list.
- Press Configure Network followed by Configure Ethernet.
- If your network uses DHCP, under Connection Type, select DHCP.
If your network requires a static IP, reference the IP information provided by your network admin and follow these steps:
- Under Connection Type, select Static IP.
- Clear out the pre-entered IP, Gateway and DNS information and enter the information provided by your network administrator. Netmask normally does not need to be changed, but if it is needed, your network admin should provide that information.
- Press the Home button to return to the Home screen. Your changes will be saved upon exit.
Time Zone Setup
To set the time zone for the clock's display:
- Open the Settings app from the device's Home screen (inset 2). You may already be in the Settings App if you just finished configuring the Wi-Fi connection. If you don’t see the Settings app on the Home screen, access the App Menu with the 6-square icon at the top right of the screen (inset 3).
- On the left-side menu, scroll down and select Date & Time.
- DeselectAutomatic Date & Time as well as Automatic Time Zone by pressing each item so that it is unchecked.
- Tap Select time zone. Scroll through the list and select your time zone.
- Exit the page with the Home button at the lower left. Changes will be saved automatically upon exit.
Note: Setting the time zone on the smart clock only affects the time displayed on the clock. Punches collected and sent to our servers will use the time zone designated in the timekeeping application.
Set Up Employee Sign-In Methods
When you receive the clock, all three of the following methods are enabled for your employees to use when punching in and out:
- PIN entry – employee enters a number
- Proximity card – employee scans a card
- Biometric scan – employee uses a fingerprint
You can have any combination of these methods enabled. Follow the steps below if you want to turn off any of these sign-in methods:
- In the smart clock's entry screen, click the gear icon to access the Clock Settings tab.
- Enter your timekeeping login and password.
- Select the Clock Settings tab and toggle the sign-in methods to turn and off.