To terminate an employee (if they quit, are fired, leave, or will no longer be getting paid for some reason) and remove or delete them from payroll:
- In the Employee tab, select the employee.
- Click the dropdown next to the word Active and select Terminated.
- Enter the Termination Date. Save.
- In the Employees tab, select the employee.
- Click the pencil icon to edit information in the Job window.
- In the Term Date field, click Change.
- Select the termination date.
- Click Update and the checkmark in the Job window to save changes.
See it in action:
To rehire a terminated employee, see Reactivate an employee.