In this article:
Add new employee
Note: You can skip this step if you have New-Hire Onboarding.
- On the dashboard you will see Add Employee.
- Fill out the employee information.
Be sure to include the social security number, so that you will be notified if that SSN has previously been used for an active or terminated employee.
Important: Be sure to enter the Date of Birth or use a default one, such as 01/01/1990. You will not be able to make edits to any fields or add missing information in the personal info box later if there is no DOB.
For a 1099 contract employee, select it in Employee Type. The employee type cannot be changed after it is saved.
- Click Create Employee Record to save.
See it in action:
Add employee details
- In the Employees tab, select the employee.
- Add personal information, such as social security number, phone, address, email, gender, and a profile image. Use the pencil icon to edit fields and be sure to click the checkmark to save.
- In the Pay window, there must be information entered either in Rate 1 or in Salary. If these fields are blank, the employee won't show up at all in the Payroll PowerGrid.
- Add additional information such as job location, position, start date, and full-time/part-time status. Other information can be added as needed.
Set up deductions
- Switch to the Payroll Info tab.
- In the Schedule Deductions window, add the new deduction and save.
Note: If you need to add a limit or a payee to the deduction, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add that for you.
See it in action:
Employee Self Service Options
Employees can manage their own info, too:
- See New-Hire Onboarding to have employees add themselves and upload their own documents.
- See Employee Self Service to have employees manage their own payroll portal.
For more info, see About Online Payroll (PPX).